The Marketing and Events Coordinator will help tell the story of the Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation through the creation of digital content, development of print materials, and by organizing special events. They will create and curate content for the website, blog, social media pages, newsletters, email blasts, direct mail campaigns, and event flyers. The Marketing and Events Coordinator will work with the Director of Development and Marketing to create marketing campaigns and content calendars. They will help craft and sustain the Catawba Riverkeeper brand. The Marketing and Events Coordinator will also play a key role in organizing special events like RiverFest, Jam at the Dam, and fundraisers.
Day to Day Duties:
• Generate content for social media, email, website, blog, advertisements, and print communications
• Manage a communications calendar, under the direction of the Director of Development and Marketing
• Report on various marketing metrics (ex. Social media engagement, email engagement, website analytics)
• Organize and promote special events
• Maintain vendor relationships for marketing and events materials
• Organize and lead the Ambassador Program, Catawba Riverkeeper’s program to train volunteers to represent the organization at community events
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organized (calendar management, file storage)
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Graphic design skills
• Video editing skills
• Experience editing websites (WordPress a plus)
• Experience using mass email communications systems
• Understanding of Google Analytics and Google Ads
• Social media management experience (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
The Marketing and Events Coordinator will work out of the Catawba Riverkeeper office in McAdenville, NC with some flexibility to work remotely. They will also be required to occasionally travel to various events and meetings within the Catawba-Wateree River Basin. Mileage is reimbursed.
The starting annual salary will be $30,000-$35,000, based on experience, plus benefits. Benefits include paid time off (PTO), health insurance, dental, HSA, 401k match, and pro deal discounts on recreational equipment and apparel.
How to Apply
Applicants should email their resume and relevant examples of their marketing skills to email@example.com. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, as applications are received.
About the Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation (Catawba Riverkeeper):
Founded in 1997, the Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation was the 21st Waterkeeper organization in the United States. Now a part of an international movement of Waterkeepers that boasts over 400 local organizations, we preserve and protect the waters of the Catawba-Wateree River Basin for generations to come. Our 5,000 square mile river basin includes over 8,900 miles of waterways. We accomplish our mission in three ways:
We EDUCATE students and the public on how they can make a positive impact on the water quality in our region.
We provide opportunities for people to ENGAGE with the river to have a better understanding of the importance of our natural resources.
We PROTECT our river basin via enforcement resources, scientific fieldwork, and citizen action.
Catawba Riverkeeper is a community focused organization supported by more than 5,800 members and volunteers located throughout a 26-county river basin that dedicate time, talent, and treasure to ensuring the protection of the Catawba-Wateree River. Our professional staff of 11 and volunteer board of 14 guide the work of this passionate group of people.